Saturday, September 26, 2009

Charter Post- Misssion Statement

Here I go. My first Blog. Are you supposed to capitalise "Blog?" There is so much to think about. Anyway, my hope is to enter the area of ideas with a personal project I have been working on. It's something of a life long project. (I hope it continues for many years.) I have been "training" for this project my whole life. It began in earnest in 2004. That is when I really got serious about it. For 5 years now I have been accumulating ideas and documenting memories and experiences that help illustrate the practical relevance of my ideas. I hope to think out in the open here and maybe be a blessing to someone in the process.
My project is called the "The Message of Pain" right now. The title is in a state of flux but this one has stood longer than any other. It is a search for an American Spiritual Revival from where we are standing. Pain is obviously a big part of the discussion. Let me explain that I make a distinction between physical, psychological and spiritual pain for the sake of this work. I am refering to psychological and spiritual Pain for the most part such as the loss of a loved one, the trauma of being raped, and the psychological and spiritual Pain that come with a life changing illness or injury etc...
The nub of it is that Good and Evil are forces at work around us whether we acknowledge them or not. Americans used to believe it essential to discern between them and pursue Good. Since we have abandoned the practice of discernment the experience of Pain has become a way of life for a greater and greater portion of Americans. There is a direct connection between Evil and Pain. When you ignore or embrace Evil, Pain will soon be a way of life for you. Physical, psychological and spiritual pain will all find their way to your door.
Before I go any further I have to mention that I am not saying that if you find and pursue Good you will never experience Pain. That's not possible. I am saying that if you find and pursue Good you will not only experience less Pain but those who are close to you will will experience less Pain as well. Second, when you find Good and Pursue Him (ooops I gave away a secret) the Pain that you do experience will have a profound meaning and equip you for fulfilling the purpose of your life.
Enough for the first Blog? Let me sum things up. Am I assuming too much to say the the experience of Pain in our society is on the rise(psychological and spiritual specifically)? Just a look at today's headlines will give you a sense that it is. Let me make a bold claim here and try to work toward convincing you of it. The experience of Pain (life changing psychological or spiritual Pain) is where the ancient battle between Good and Evil becomes personal. No one gets to sit on the side lines. Everyone is in the battle.
Now, to remind myself of where to start next time I want to offer practical definitions of Good and Evil.

God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! You asked great questions, and I cannot wait to read more~ thanks for sharing your wisdom with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Whitehawk! Haven't seen you since the reunion.

    You write very well. I like what I see.

    I started a very similarly inspired blog years ago ... sadly, I haven't updated it much -- but same idea. Slightly different angle. It's at

    http://dear_world.blogspot.com

    I'll be looking forward to reading your stuff. Just act like I wasn't here and carry on. Good start! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete